The New York Public Library Amazing Explorers
In this entry in the Library's popular series, Brendan January invites young readers to journey through history. Sail down the Ivory Coast with the ancient Phoenicians. Meet the Kublai Khan with Marco Polo. Join the Antarctic explorers in their race to reach the South Pole. Discover vast new lands, plumb the depths of the deepest oceans, and venture into outer space. Find answers to everything you've ever wanted to know about the world's greatest adventurers and explorers ...
- Who was the greatest general & explorer of the ancient world?
- What was the Silk Road?
- What caused the Age of Exploration?
- What was considered the worst crime on the high seas?
- Who was Ynes Mexia?
- Who found the source of the Nile River?
- How did Ballard find Titanic?
- Who was the first woman in space
The joy of discovery comes alive for young readers in questions and answers, reproductions of historic maps of early exploration, photographs, and entertaining anecdotes and facts about explorers and navigation.
169 pages, illustrated. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
Hardcover. $12.95. ISBN 0-471-39291-X.